1. What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before? I was a full-time working mum of two small children. I know that it is no big deal for some, they are full-time working mums of much smaller and more children. It is a hard gig. I am exhausted – still.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? See pending post that goes up tomorrow.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Chantelle did and he was a little miracle.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not as yet but it was very close for a while there.
5. What countries did you visit? None, not even in my imagination. This year has been a desert of creativity.
6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019? Sanity. I am not kidding. For a while there I truly was expressing borderline psychotic behavior.
7. Which date from 2019 will remain etched upon your memory, why? First day back to work and thus my daughter’s first day of daycare. Gah! Hard!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting through it, finishing everything I need to do to a decent degree.
9. What was your biggest failure? Um, I would rather not say. I just failed at my job big time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? This year I suffered from a mystery illness, it was incapacitating where I was 100% with it but my bodily reactions were slowed or almost fully shut down. Specialists are stumped, it’s not epilepsy. Next year I will be seeing a Nurologist and another special doctor about it. Also, I am getting something done about my sinuses.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Washi Tape for making my stuff pretty.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My son’s. Joseph has a long way to go but I am soooo proud of how well he did this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Mine. Always mine.
14. Where did most of your money go? Paying off debts.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Movies, going to see my family over in Perth, but not much else. I have had a rather down year.
16. What song will always remind you of 2019? Nothing comes to mind. I didn’t really listen to the radio this year or music. I listened to a lot of podcasts but their opening jingles are all instrumentals.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?Sadder
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. Richer or poorer? Richer, always richer. We are in a rich country and I count my blessings for it.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise! Write! Craft!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? I don’t know, I won’t say work because I did what I had to do.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Breakfast at home with the family then Lunch and afternoon with the extended family down at JaDe Park. The evening at home listening to the miracle of rain at Christmas.
21. Personal goals for 2019, completed or not? Let’s see – Please see pending post tomorrow.
22. What are your personal goals for 2020? As Above
23. Did you fall in love in 2019? I worked at love this year. It’s not hard but its still work.
24. How was your relationship with Murphy this year? Oh he has had some fun with me this year. Can’t think of any specifics but it was interesting.
25. What was your favorite TV program? NCIS still but the new McGyver has been added to the weekly watch roster. Other programs that don’t really fit TV but were still favourites was the new Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Dragon Prince, She-Ra and the final season of Voltron – all on Netflix.
26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
27. What was the best book you read? Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Reading, I wish.
28. What was your greatest musical discovery? My church. They really are very gifted in the musical talent it holds.
29. What did you want and get? My Craftbox.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Hands down has to be Endgame. It’s not the best film I watch this year but it is my favourite.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 43 and I honestly can’t remember.
32.What would you have liked to have had in 2019 to make it a better year? Motivation.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019? Slowly exploding out of my buttons.
34. What kept you sane? Nothing. I was not ‘sane’ in the sense of this question. Work and the constant boxes that needed to be ticked were what kept me going. Finish one thing then do the next, then the next, then the next. There was not time to ‘break’.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Chris Evans as Captain America is very alright.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? There were so many. Deleted facebook multiple times to get away from it.
37. Who did you miss? Me
38. Who was the best new person you met? I know I have met many lovely new people this year but I cannot sift through them to decide on a ‘best’.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019: I am a lot stronger than I ever thought but doing it on my own leads to brokenness, exhaustion and anger. I need to realign my centre.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: It’s not a song lyric but it has been over me all year – stand in the breach. All year I have been filing holes, standing in the cracks, holding up walls. Small little things that on their own are nothing but altogether have been relentlessly slamming me like the incoming tide.